cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My O2 app not reporting correct data usage.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Anyone else having a problem with the My O2 app not reporting correct data usage?

app.png

Checking my current stats via o2.co.uk reports what I would expect to see.

Web.png

It resets tomorrow, so it may just be a glitch, but it's unreliable at present.

TIA,

SPD.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
I've just checked mine and it's showing the same amount in both places.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, now I've discovered that o2.co.uk is reporting different figures in two separate places.

This is what I see under My Device>Allowances:

Web2.png

Which agrees with the App. So, I can't blame the App.

The image in my first post, that reported use of 212MB, was from service.co.uk under recent charges as per midnight Monday.

If it doesn't resolve itself upon issue of my bill tomorrow, I guess a phone call might be required.

SPD.

Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
It looks like it's reset already ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

It does, but has been that way for a few days now. I'm not quite sure when I spotted it.

Interestingly, the minutes used/remaining shown in both places within my O2 account on the web match.

Web 4.png

Web 5.png

But the data counts clearly don't.

Stranger and stranger.

Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
What does you phone say you have used?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I reset it on the 26th Sept. My billing date is the 11th of the month. Since the 26th Sept, I've used 233MB which is about right - the 212MB that I believe I've used during this billing period, plus 21MB that I will have used between 26/9 and 10/10.

Interestingly, my phone says I've used 80KB roaming, but I've not left the country...

Message 7 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Interestingly, my phone says I've used 80KB roaming, but I've not left the country...

Have you travelled in the UK near the coast? Sometimes you can pick up signals from France etc...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sadly not 🙂

Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
80kb is like one text message worth of data so whilst it's interesting that it has been logged as roaming it's not an amount to cause any concern.
It may just be a glitch when transitioning between masts or you may have connected briefly to a Voda mast if you are in an area covered by the cornerstone agreement.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 13