cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from iPhone to Nokia

Anonymous
Not applicable
I upgrade on the 22nd January and will be getting a Nokia Lumia 1020.
I will be restoring my iphone to factory settings via iTunes but need to know if there's other things I need to do on my iPhone before I sell it on.
I have a wifi ipad and would be happy to keep receiving iMessages on that.
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

I'm pretty sure, all you would have to do is basically delete everything from your phone.

You don't need to go anywhere near iTunes.

On your iPhone, just sign out of all the accounts (iTunes, App Store, iCloud + any email accounts) - you will still be signed in to these accounts on your iPad (if you also have them on your ipad that is).

Then, just go into the Settings app and there are options to wipe everything from the phone itself - without connecting to iTunes at all.

This is what I did when gave my iPhone 4 to my OH. Signed out of all accounts and then selected the appropriate 'restore' option within the 'Settings' app.

This will then wipe the entire phone of everything (apps, music,the lot!) and will basically put the phone back to default factory settings - which is how it should be when you come to sell it.

wink

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you in iOS 7 ?

If so you'll need to turn off find my iPhone before you can restore.

By restoring you will not need to do anything else with it as this sets it back to factory conditions.
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeh I'm on ios 7.0.4 or whatever the latest is. Do I need to unregister the device from my account on apples site too?

Will disabling find my iPhone affect finding my ipad?
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can log into iCloud from your PC and remove the device if you wish. Once the next person uses their Apple ID and logs into iCloud you would lose tracking capabilities anyway.
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
And no your iPad will be ok as I assume your Apple ID is in it.
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah my apple ID is in it.
Cheers.
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was also told to delete my iCloud account from my phone before trading it in.

Message 7 of 10

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Good shout Tracey slight_smile

What phone are you using at the moment?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 10

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

I'm pretty sure, all you would have to do is basically delete everything from your phone.

On your iPhone, just sign out of all the accounts (iTunes, App Store, iCloud + any email accounts) - you will still be signed in to these accounts on your iPad (if you also have them on your ipad that is).

Then, just go into the Settings app and there are options to wipe everything from the phone itself - without connecting to iTunes at all.

This is what I did when gave my iPhone 4 to my OH. Signed out of all accounts and then selected the appropriate 'restore' option within the 'Settings' app.

This will then wipe the entire phone of everything (apps, music,the lot!) and will basically put the phone back to default factory settings - which is how it should be when you come to sell it.

wink

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good shout Tracey slight_smile

What phone are you using at the moment?

@DinoF wrote:

wink

My current phone is the iPhone 4S.

Im not trading in as I upgrade with O2 directly over the phone. Also, I would get more by selling privately. Where I live iPhone 4s' sell for around £180 still. 

Message 10 of 10