cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from a 4S to a 6 - Advice needed?

KrazyPN
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I purchased the unlocked iPhone 6 from Apple which will be arriving next Friday. What is the best option in terms of my sim card as I'm moving from the 4S.

I want to make an amendment to the plan that I'm on and obviously I'll need a nano sim too. I was thinking of going instore next wednesday to get the new sim sorted and plan but then I realised that I wouldn't be able to use my 4S would I?

Would the O2 shop provide me with a "adapter" card or whatever so I can plug my nano sim into my iPhone 4S? Or alternatively do you think my best option would be to just wait until friday/saturday once I have the new phone in my hand to sort things out.

Surely the O2 shop won't run out of nano sims or not be able to facilitate my above needs right as the phone has launched?

Any advice is appreciated slight_smile

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I have a nano sim and use sim adapters if I use a different phone.
O2 shops have them or you can get them off ebay.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I have a nano sim and use sim adapters if I use a different phone.
O2 shops have them or you can get them off ebay.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

The shop will transfer your tariff and mobile number from the micro sim to a nano sim for you n
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi

The shop will transfer your tariff and mobile number from the micro sim to a nano sim for you n

The OP knows that. They are going in to sort it out.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5  How will that work with the OP's query about using the iPhone 4s in the interim?..Smiley Embarassed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5  How will that work with the OP's query about using the iPhone 4s in the interim?..Smiley Embarassed

Answering my own question...did you mean to take the new phone in when it arrives...(with the 4S?)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No, I meant get the nano sim and use a sim adapter in the 4s until the 6 arrives.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
No, I meant get the nano sim and use a sim adapter in the 4s until the 6 arrives.

Of course you did...my brain is a bit befuddled today wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No worries mate _ I'll catch up with you later x

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9