cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile sim

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone advie on what is probably a very stupid question. 

I have just bought a new IPAD that has the option of having a sim card.  I have an Iphone with a monthly contract with O2. How do I go about getting a sim card for my IPAD and can they be linked to the same number/contract or does the ipad have to have a seperate number.  Was just looking to pay one bill for both devises and not seperte bills. 

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can't have the same number but you can add an additional sim to your contract so that you only pay one bill.
Tablet sims are here to choose from https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals/#deviceType=tablet&contractLength=P30D
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can't have the same number but you can add an additional sim to your contract so that you only pay one bill.
Tablet sims are here to choose from https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals/#deviceType=tablet&contractLength=P30D
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You slight_smile 

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No problem slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know you are not associated with O2 but wonder if you can answer a question as I cant get anyone on Chat or the phone (45 minute wait time on the phone)  - The web site seperates IPAD sims from tablets. Do you know whether I can order a tablet SIM as they seem to be better value for data than the ones for IPAD specifically?

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
iPad sims generally don't include any sms allowances as you can't text on an iPad but apart from having to call to get the data tariff set to use on an ipad there's no reason why you can't use a normal tablet sim.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you again. I really appreciate the help 

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Happy to help mate.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8