cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I set my I.pad air to share my mobile data allowance with my I.phone 5s?
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If the setting is available on your phone, activate it and the phone will give you a passcode. On the iPad, search for the wifi network provided by your phone and enter the passcode as displayed on phone. Be aware this uses your mobile data allowance so could deplete quite quickly depending on usage.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you on pay monthly. Tethering is only available to that type of contract.

If so turn on your hotspot in the settings.

You may need to call O2 on 202 to set this up on your account but is not normally required.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Forgot to add this apple help link.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4517

Be aware your data allowance probably won't last as long when tethering due to the rate of data used on a tablet/ network etc
Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If the setting is available on your phone, activate it and the phone will give you a passcode. On the iPad, search for the wifi network provided by your phone and enter the passcode as displayed on phone. Be aware this uses your mobile data allowance so could deplete quite quickly depending on usage.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks very much
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome.

wink
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable