Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data Stuck on Activating

JMF2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I purchased an Apple Watch SE which arrived on Monday. I spoke to someone on Monday and again yesterday about the fact that it doesn’t recognise my mobile data plan. When I try to “set up mobile service” on app it has some variant on “oops something went wrong” and then a variety of error codes (8, 15, 91, 92, 93). I’ve spoken to o2 twice and was passed from department to department. I am now undergoing a 72 hour wait for someone to get back to me which is infuriating because looking through the threads this seems like a fairly well-known and prevalent issue. O2 are quick to take the money and slow to support when there are problems. Can anyone suggest things I can try on the meantime? 

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Slb89
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@JMF2 Unfortunately not, raising another case with another team. Still awaiting a phone call from my previous conversation with the call centre. 

Message 11 of 25

JMF2
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just thought I’d post an update for anyone following this. @O2Emma replied today to say: 

“It is affecting multiple customers so we are looking to find a resolution as quick as we can. I can assure you someone will be in touch as soon as we know more”

“As soon as we know more” - Doesn’t look like a solution is on the near horizon, does it? I’m just looking through forum posts and it is clear this is a well established problem going back MONTHS. I basically can’t use the watch for the purpose for which it was intended and have no prospect of getting this sorted any time soon. Quite upsetting really.

Message 12 of 25

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @pgn I will pick this up thanks.

Hi @Ellekitten9 I will send you a private message to look into it for you.

signature
Message 13 of 25

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @JMF2 Sorry I have not spoken with you I can look into it for you thou .

signature
Message 14 of 25

JMF2
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry I should have said @O2Sarah. But yes @O2Emma  if you can pick this up I’d appreciate it because I really don’t think it’s fair to ask people to wait indefinitely. 

Message 15 of 25

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

I will send you a private message to look into it for you @JMF2 

signature
Message 16 of 25

JMF2
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Emma fixed it! I don’t know through what sorcery but she did it. So relieved and very much looking forward to listening to my music on my phone free run in the morning!  

Message 17 of 25

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Brilliant glad you are all sorted @JMF2

signature
Message 18 of 25

Ellekitten9
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Emma resolved this! Thanks so much. All set up now and for me an easy fix. 

Message 19 of 25

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Your welcome @Ellekitten9 

@pgn  We are getting there slowly lol 

signature
Message 20 of 25