cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing mobile data options in iOS10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have an iPhone 7 running iOS 10.1.1. In mobile data options in settings I no longer have 'use mobile data for' big list of apps that are using data along with their toggles. Also in Apple music I no longer have the mobile data option in the apple music settings either. Is this an apple/iOS problem or o2 carrier settings problem?

Cheers

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, ah sorry for the delay in replying to this thread.

I have sorted the issue, not in the way I wanted, but it is sorted. Both Appple and o2 said it was the others problem, so thought it was something that neither could fix. So decided just to set phone back to factory settings.

I backed up, then reset, and tried to use the back up to restore, but the problem just transfered back. So I'm guessing my backups had just become corrupt in some way.

So had to just back up basic things to iCloud like contacts, notes, calenders etc. Copied photos to icloud and reset again and just started with a clean phone. Now all the mobile data options are there and everthing seems fine.

So all sorted, but not after alot of back and forth and resetting.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I would think it's a carrier setting but you need to check with Apple or go on their forum to be certain.

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous I am running 10.1.1 on the iPhone 6 Plus and I have the (long) list there. I cannot see an option to minimise it. Even if I turn off the mobile data I can see the list. Have you tried re-boot?

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies. Yea the LONG list of apps on my phone is gone for some reason. I was on chat with apple first and they said it probably was carrier settings problem. so have just been on chat with o2 and went through resetting all settings and have tried restoring phone, but still no luck. The only thing I have lef to try really is to try a factory reset?

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is so weird... If you get a resolution please share for future reference 

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'm not aware that it is something that is controlled by the carrier settings and indeed it is there on my wife's iPhone running the same version of iOS.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous How's it going? Did you manage to solve this one in the end? slight_smile

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, ah sorry for the delay in replying to this thread.

I have sorted the issue, not in the way I wanted, but it is sorted. Both Appple and o2 said it was the others problem, so thought it was something that neither could fix. So decided just to set phone back to factory settings.

I backed up, then reset, and tried to use the back up to restore, but the problem just transfered back. So I'm guessing my backups had just become corrupt in some way.

So had to just back up basic things to iCloud like contacts, notes, calenders etc. Copied photos to icloud and reset again and just started with a clean phone. Now all the mobile data options are there and everthing seems fine.

So all sorted, but not after alot of back and forth and resetting.

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Worth remembering that for the future.
Incidentally, I'm guessing a corrupt file which would have been saved exactly (corrupt) in an iTunes backup, but iCloud doesn't back up system files, hence the success with that method.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 9