Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

Lowering Tariff (Mid-contract)

Hi, I am thinking of upgrading to the 'On & On' 24 month iPhone 5 tariff at £26 per month. However; as this is the lowest 'On & On' tariff currently available, can I still step down to a cheaper tariff or lower the data usage after 12 months (mid-contract)?

Level 44: Clearly Talented

Re: Lowering Tariff (Mid-contract)

Not sure you'll have to read the T&Cs just before you pay. It used to be the case you could but it may of changed
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink
Anonymous

Hope so, as I'm currently only paying 8.49/month on my old 3gs. I want to get the data back down to 100mb, its enough for me as I mainly use WiFi. 

Wow I remember those cheap contracts now I'm lucky if anything under £50 would be suitable for meSmiley Sad not even data that's my issue.

Have you had any luck finding the T&Cs? I can't find mine anymore I know I printed them out :/ standard young mans way of organiseing stuff (lob it somewhere)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink
Anonymous

No, will check T's&C's in the shop tomorrow. Just hope there's still some iphones in stock, then all I need to do is apply my O2 open code to get an extra £125 cash-back Smiley Surprised)

Very niceSmiley Happy wish I had one of thoseSmiley Happy well if you find an answere before I sort through my "fileing" system post it on here just incase anyone is wondering the same thingSmiley Happy
Anonymous

T&C No3 

When you sign up for, or upgrade to, a new minimum term contract you will not be able to move to a lower priced tariff (with a lower rate monthly subscription than the tariff you’ve joined on) during your minimum term.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-tariff-terms

Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks for your reply, looks like i might be better off keping my £8.49 tariff and buying an unlocked phone direct from apple. Atleast then I wont be tied into a 24 month contract.