cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost 3G Signal On Iphone 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, help needed for my iphone5 please!

3G not an option on my phone as of last night - have plenty of data still to use and have done the test of the signal area and there are no reported problems. Any help would be great! Cheers

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, have tried all the above but no luck so far, still comes back onto GPRS only. Have reported via MyNetwork too

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

First off try cleaning the sim card and reset network settings or reset the phone by holding the power and home buttons down until the Apple logo appears.

Some self help here Network down for me or everyone?

See if anyone else on O2 is having problems.

Download the My Network app and report the problem through that app.

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Press the sleep wake button and home button until the Apple logo appears and let go to reset your iPhone.

Also try / settings - general - reset - reset network settings.
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, have tried all the above but no luck so far, still comes back onto GPRS only. Have reported via MyNetwork too

Message 4 of 12

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

What did the O2 status page say? http://status.o2.co.uk/

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. Ivehad the same problem as of Monday last week. I struggle at the best of times,then nothing. On the my network it fails every time. I've tried reboot, clean sim,flicking on flight mode and off again. I Rang my local O2 shop......the young lady had no interest in my issue. I paid £180 on Sunday to end my refresh contract and upgrade to an iPhone 6........ Tonight I have cancelled my order and tomorrow I will be requesting my pac code. 10+ years with O2 and no 3G and an uninterested assistant doesn't cut it I'm afraid
Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 143431 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Understandable. An unfortunately bad experience for you....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 12

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

You must of course go with a network that gives you a signal but we always advise getting a few PAYG SIMs to check other networks signal before committing to a contract.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I did contact someone via live chat who was helpful regarding cancelling my order, and he told me I have to wait now 24h to request my pac code and I can only get via phoning cancellations. Is this correct?
Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 143431 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Live chat used to be able to generate PAC's but recently they have been telling people to contact CS by phone, so we must assume there has been a change of policy.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 12