cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of 4G signal

Anonymous
Not applicable
Trying to work out if the my inability to get a decent 4G signal since last week is due to the IOS10.3.3 upgrade or the missing equipment from the 4G site on the land we own that has had the power supply taken from the 4G O2 cabinet and the equipment exposed to the elements! One of 4 sites broken into last week. Trying to get O2 to look at this has been a nightmare this week, despite many reports on the status site, phone calls and a formal O2 complaint being made by the O2 customer service rep as she was given no support from the 2nd line, any ideas how to escalate this please? Vodafone share the same mast and their doors were broken off but someone has been to put a temporary solution in place for their cabinet!
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wish, I reported this on the status page with a comment about the batteries missing and the automated reply comes back saying no problem... There seems to be a bit of a gap as even CTIL we're surprised the cabinets were still open
Message 11 of 20

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Perhaps you will see some action now !

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 12 of 20

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Makes you realise that comments on here in similar previous threads about delays getting access permission from landowners can be completely wrong.

If O2 had contacted @Anonymous they would have been given immediate permission to access Smiley Indifferent

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 13 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately here you don't need to worry about access as the black plastic ties really aren't quite the same as the padlocks .... I am really tempted to go back and see if there is any power in the cabinet after it was ripped apart. There are some issues with access, we are just happy to take the money and let be slight_smile
Message 14 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
With regard to the status reports I have put three in now and the last two I enquired how the cabinets being opened and part of the power supplies missing could effect this ....
Message 15 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't wish to gloat but I am rather pleased with myself this evening as I have fixed my 4G data problem. This was achieved by reconnecting a cable that was broken when the batteries were stolen from this site on 28/7/17! O2 have been telling me there was no problem yet the Ericsson 4G cabinet had been disconnected by the thieves yanking out the Cat6 cable. I don't get and am now pursuing why the Ericsson engineer one didn't see the marked cable dangling and didn't bother to investigate the lovely orange lights in the cabinet, some of which have gone now thanks to me splicing a new RJ45 onto the bare end of the connecting cable slight_smile I am a qualified telecoms engineer from a past life and had authorisation from CTIL to enter the site so please don't try this yourselves.
Message 16 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Well done that man.
You know where to send your bill wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Wow! Well done, you've put the engineers to shame. Incredible that you had to DIY. 

Message 18 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I will be following up the letter from the 02 Customer Complaint Review Service received today writing to me advising they were not aware of any network issues, you would think they would miss a 4G base station? What about the alarm on the Tellabs switch connecting the cabinets? At least I have been humoured by the comment that the Network Services Team have confirmed that there were no no coverage or mast issues in my postcode area... I wonder what Vodafone would say as they share the mast site and their 4G would be down too.... ?
Message 19 of 20

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Image result for despair gif

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 20 of 20