cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of 4G signal

Anonymous
Not applicable
Trying to work out if the my inability to get a decent 4G signal since last week is due to the IOS10.3.3 upgrade or the missing equipment from the 4G site on the land we own that has had the power supply taken from the 4G O2 cabinet and the equipment exposed to the elements! One of 4 sites broken into last week. Trying to get O2 to look at this has been a nightmare this week, despite many reports on the status site, phone calls and a formal O2 complaint being made by the O2 customer service rep as she was given no support from the 2nd line, any ideas how to escalate this please? Vodafone share the same mast and their doors were broken off but someone has been to put a temporary solution in place for their cabinet!
Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't wish to gloat but I am rather pleased with myself this evening as I have fixed my 4G data problem. This was achieved by reconnecting a cable that was broken when the batteries were stolen from this site on 28/7/17! O2 have been telling me there was no problem yet the Ericsson 4G cabinet had been disconnected by the thieves yanking out the Cat6 cable. I don't get and am now pursuing why the Ericsson engineer one didn't see the marked cable dangling and didn't bother to investigate the lovely orange lights in the cabinet, some of which have gone now thanks to me splicing a new RJ45 onto the bare end of the connecting cable slight_smile I am a qualified telecoms engineer from a past life and had authorisation from CTIL to enter the site so please don't try this yourselves.

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Only via customer service or by raising a complaint yourself
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Been there and waiting for the 5 working days of the complaint process! Thank you
Message 3 of 20

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Little else we can advise from here unfortunately mate.
Hope they fix it soon.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
To be honest, unless someone else has experienced a problem with the 10.3.3 update I don't expect anyone to be able to help here but this is another way of contacting O2 so I thought I would try it out.
Message 5 of 20

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I've not had any problems with the update myself.
This isn't a direct channel of comms into o2 either although our community managers can feedback to o2.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 20

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just a thought that you might want to contact them via twitter too?
http://www.twitter.com/o2

Currently using:
Message 7 of 20

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

If it is a power supply issue than that will be the case if you are the landowner contact ctil

http://www.ctil.co.uk/site-issues form for reporting issues, remember ctil manage all o2/ voda masts

also contact numbers

ctil.JPG

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have done this too hence the Vodafone cabinet been sorted 😞 can't understand why the O2 cabinets do not seem to have been attended to, all they needed to do was bend the metalwork back to close the doors and put a strap on them.
Message 9 of 20

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous any thing showing on the status page ? https://status.o2.co.uk/ perhaps parts required etc

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 10 of 20