cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing 3/4g

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have to keep putting my phone in airplane mode to get 3/4g working in my iPhone 6s Plus and o2 checker says there nothing wrong with any mast in area any help
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122350 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Have a look at this self help thread http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-everyone/m-p/593752#M59833

Also try resetting your network settings and rebooting the phone

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
  • 122350 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Have a look at this self help thread http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-everyone/m-p/593752#M59833

Also try resetting your network settings and rebooting the phone

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Could be a sim card error.
If the above doesn't fix it try a sim swap and also make sure your network selection is set on Auto.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Sammy_boy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I find my iPhone 6 tends to prefer 2g if 3g is weak, read somewhere that its to do with O2 and the iPhone's way of handling the signal? Someone correct me if I'm wrong!
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Phones should always seek out the fastest signal regardless of strength but they will lock onto a very strong slower signal if the next fastest is too congested.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sammy_boy wrote:
I find my iPhone 6 tends to prefer 2g if 3g is weak, read somewhere that its to do with O2 and the iPhone's way of handling the signal? Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

When I was with O2, I used to often see this happen and I would quite often need to toggle Airplane mode on and off for to get 3G again. It used to happen often when I ended a call. It would hang on GPRS (2G) till I toggled Airplane mode on and off or would take an age to pick up 3G again.

But since I moved network, I don't get the above two issues now. I would say its more a network issue rather than the way the iPhone handles the signal. I also used the same iPhone on both O2 and the network I moved to, so it isn't a particular quirk with the iPhone I have.

Message 6 of 6