Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

Long delay without ringing tone when calling my iPhone

You will probably find 10's of thousands of numbers are ported weekly . Id bet the number with faults is actually very low. You also have to consider who is to blame. For instance if a call to an O2 number is driven through Orange networks first then the glitch could be there, and as you can imagine its no longer an orange customers number so you wont exactly be priority to them.
Anonymous

I ported my number with no difficulties whatsoever. The number has been ported through a few networks over the years, I can't even remember where it originated. Surely a call to me doesn't pass through every network I've ever been on!
Anonymous

You will probably find 10's of thousands of numbers are ported weekly . Id bet the number with faults is actually very low. You also have to consider who is to blame. For instance if a call to an O2 number is driven through Orange networks first then the glitch could be there, and as you can imagine its no longer an orange customers number so you wont exactly be priority to them.

Yes, I am sure it is complex..but frankly it is not my job to speculate nor troubleshoot the problem. As an O2 customer I expect them to respond to a customer who's O2 service is failing. If it is an issue with porting, or their voicemail, or their cells then I am sure they have come across it before and can at least point at likely causes.

The current approach is: reset your phone, again, and if that does not sort it..then it is not our fault..bye bye. Hence my appeal for additional info from other users.
Anonymous

Yes, I am sure it is complex..but frankly it is not my job to speculate nor troubleshoot the problem. As an O2 customer I expect them to respond to a customer who's O2 service is failing. If it is an issue with porting, or their voicemail, or their cells then I am sure they have come across it before and can at least point at likely causes.
The current approach is: reset your phone, again, and if that does not sort it..then it is not our fault..bye bye. Hence my appeal for additional info from other users.

Well it is your job to trouble shoot its your handset and the more information you can give to O2 the better able they are to help you.Have you tried the sim in another handset? to make sure it's not the handset causing the problem.Have you tried rebooting by holding down on off button and home button at the same time?
Also you having ported in should not cause this problem unless it has been less than 24 hours since port in happened.
Anonymous

Well I have done "my job". I provided fullest of information, a full log of the issues, and extensive other info. The fact that chinese whispers between O2 departments means my detailed info gets lost is disappointing. I can do no more than present the facts to them. They complacency means I have to resort to sorting out the problem myself.

and yes...I had done all the usuals..rebooting, network resets... voicemail off/on etc.
Anonymous

Has anyone with the problem tried reseting their iPhone? Fiddling with the Sound settings- e.g, changing the sound, changing the ringtone, turning the iPhone off?

Simple but could work.

Arjun.
Anonymous

I think you are posting on the wrong thread! Smiley Very Happy
Anonymous

Mine iPhone 3G has started doing it i dint notice until i came across this thread
Anonymous

Well I have done "my job". I provided fullest of information, a full log of the issues, and extensive other info. The fact that chinese whispers between O2 departments means my detailed info gets lost is disappointing. I can do no more than present the facts to them. They complacency means I have to resort to sorting out the problem myself.
and yes...I had done all the usuals..rebooting, network resets... voicemail off/on etc.

Again have you tried the sim in another handset?
Anonymous

Mine iPhone 3G has started doing it i dint notice until i came across this thread

Hi Maxine,

That is interesting - mine is a iPhone 3G too. Can you provide a bit of detail so maybe we can narrow down the issue?

It would be helpful to know how long the delays are..
Is it intmittent? - how many consecutive calls to the iPhone will fail.
Does it occur on Landlines only / mobiles only or both?
Who is the landline telephone provider? BT, TalkTalk etc..
Does it occur from other landline numbers calling the iPhone?
if the iPhone has a ported number - if so which Mobile network originally?
if the iPhone was in poor reception area
if it occurs only when the iPhone is in a particular cell

Thanks for responding Maxine! at least I know it isn't just me.