Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lightning port adapter for aux cable

Kieran4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I just recently got my iPhone 11 delivered however I’m unsure if I should have got the little adapter that allows you to connect an auxiliary cable to play music thanks in advance
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

O2Stacey
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 179 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 11 Solutions

Hi @Kieran4

The adapter you're reffering to unfortunately does not come with the phone. It is availble to purchase for £9 from O2. 

Hope this helps

Stacey slight_smile  

signature
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123132 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Kieran4 

According to this, yes it should.

The iPhone 11 box is white and just a little bit larger than the phone itself. Inside, you will find the iPhone 11 bundled with a regular Lightning cable, a pair of EarPods ending on a Lightning plug, and the ancient 5W charger. Apple is no longer shipping the iPhones with a 3.5mm adapter.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 123132 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@O2Stacey wrote:

Hi @Kieran4

The adapter you're reffering to unfortunately does not come with the phone. It is availble to purchase for £9 from O2. 

Hope this helps

Stacey slight_smile  

Another instance of O2 removing them then?

As I posted above and the info was from GSM Arena, the cable should be in the box.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

O2Stacey
  • 179 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 11 Solutions

@Cleoriff  It says at the end of the paragraph you posted 'Apple is no longer shipping the iPhones with a 3.5mm adpater.' Is that not the adapter they're asking for? I don't believe this is just an O2 thing. 

Stacey slight_smile 

signature
Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 123132 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@O2Stacey 

When you buy the phone from Apple it comes with everything I posted in the box. O2 are renowned for removing chargers are selling them on as an added extra. I have no idea if other networks do this as I am not interested in them. It's a profit making enterprise and should be stopped. The article says the lightning port should be in the box. The adaptor isn't. The faster 18w charger isn't in the box for UK customers.

iPhone 11 Box Contents Do Not Include 18-Watt Fast Charger; Here's ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

O2Stacey
  • 179 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 11 Solutions

@Cleoriff  Yes it will come with the lightning cable and plug. The aux cable is the 3.5mm adapter which it states it does not come in the box. Great teamwork and thank you for your help slight_smile 

signature
Message 7 of 7