cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large Diagnostic Logs etc!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there has anybody else noticed a very large amount of crashes etc in their diagnostic logs? Searched the internet and again seems an IOS 8 issue, mine is slightly better since 8.02 update but still has issues. However my handset seems to be working fine, only issue I find is the internet wheel continues to dpin even when a page has loaded, not sure if this is connected?
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The spinning icon comes on whenever the phone is downloading data, so although the page has loaded there may be something else going on in the background.
If you are sure nothing else is using data and given the fact that you have a load of suspicious diagnostic entries (plist are the ones to worry about), I'd get the phone checked by an Apple Genius to make sure all is OK.
http://concierge.apple.com/reservation/gb/en/techsupport/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
*spin*
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I wouldn't be too concerned with the logs if your phone is performing as expected.

If you set your phone to send them to Apple they use this info for future software and hardware I believe.

The spinning wheel is just connevtion activity.

It's a part of the iOS to show it's computing.

It's not eating your battery life and cannot be toggled off.

You'll get used to it and after a short while not even notice it.

Network activity: When the network-activity icon appears in the status bar, network activity is occurring in the current app. The network-activity indicator will appear only for the following features or activities, when you're using the corresponding app:
Photo Stream uploads and downloads
Regular application downloads and updates from App Store and Newsstand
Automatic downloads (music, books, and applications)
iTunes Match downloads
Checking email
iCloud restores

Again I wouldn't be too worried. Or if you want to temp stop it then perform a reset by holding the sleep wake button and home button or turn airplane mode in and off.
Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The spinning icon comes on whenever the phone is downloading data, so although the page has loaded there may be something else going on in the background.
If you are sure nothing else is using data and given the fact that you have a load of suspicious diagnostic entries (plist are the ones to worry about), I'd get the phone checked by an Apple Genius to make sure all is OK.
http://concierge.apple.com/reservation/gb/en/techsupport/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok thanks for that, like I said my handset is operating fine and looking at certain Apple forum threads plenty of people are experiencing the same thing.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
No worries.

To the layman (and me) they look like gobblygook but I'm sure they help apple etc.

They do come in handy if you do ever have to visit a Genius Bar and they run a diagnostic and look at those logs.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi there has anybody else noticed a very large amount of crashes etc in their diagnostic logs? Searched the internet and again seems an IOS 8 issue, mine is slightly better since 8.02 update but still has issues. However my handset seems to be working fine, only issue I find is the internet wheel continues to dpin even when a page has loaded, not sure if this is connected?

Providing your iPhone is working OK, I wouldnt be too concerned about the entries in the diagnostic log.

The only entries you should be concerned about are ones with the name PANIC.PLIST.

PANIC.PLIST are an indication of a hardware issue on your iPhone. If you have these PANIC.PLIST in your diagnostic log, have your iPhone looked at, at an Apple Store/Apple. I had a iPhone 4S that had these PANIC.PLIST entries in my diagnostic log and I got my iPhone replaced at an Apple Store.

You might see entries in the diagnostic log with plist in the name, but these are normal. 

Message 7 of 7