cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues sending regular texts with an iphone se

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

I recently upgraded to an iphone se. I had to sim swap to do this.

Since the iphone se did an update to 10.3.2 - there has been intermittent problems sending text messages.

It sends imessages ok. I can send to certain numbers (my husbands he has a basic nokia) if they have sent to me, and i was even able to send a regular text abroad, but could not send a regular text to my son, unless it was an imessage. _ he has an iphone 6s. 

Am on pay and go

Cheers

Gillian

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Settings >Messages and check if "Send as SMS" is on?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

been there done that

Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Possibly the person receiving was out of range of a data signal?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

is it iMessage your having issues with?? its possible the reciving person may not have iMessage switched on, I have had this issue before when texting iPhone to iPhone..failing that have you tried trusty whatsapp??

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have mms on or iMessage off sometimes they can take a while to go through or receive 

Message 6 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous How are you doing? Are you still experiencing the texts issue with your phone or did it resolve? Any help from the above replies? Cheers slight_smile

Message 7 of 7