cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this affecting my web top up - keeps declining.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered a new O2 Pay & Go iPhone 6 to replace my O2 Pay & Go iPhone 4. When I received it I requested the phone number of my old phone to be transferred which has all been done. Have since tried a web top up with the same card I always use but it keeps getting declined. My bank shows two transactions one for the amount going out and the other for it being returned.

MyO2 showed 2 devices - one my phone number and iPhone4 under the number (although when I select device it does say it's an iPhone 6)

The other device is the number that came with the new phone which I've removed now.

I tried adding a new device to match the new phone but it says the number already exists which makes sense as it is already there as the iPhone4, but I can't amend the existing device to show the description under the phone number as iPhone6 instead of iPhone4 so wondered if I needed to remove it and recreate it and then perhaps web top up would work?

Thanks for any assistance. Thought I'd see if there was an explanation and solution before trying CS.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update. This actually wasn't an O2 issue but was due to my purchasing the phone with my debit card (had been saving for a while so had the funds) and the Fraud Operations division of my bank, blocked further payments going out till they'd contacted me. I had missed the phone call (Withheld Number) and wasn't aware till I received letter through post today.

Boy I wish I'd known that a large payment would have caused this but never done it before. Guess I'd rather have the security than not but a bit ironic that you're being blocked from your own money, because you spent your own money. Got to laugh.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I think only CS can help unless you want to give it a few days for all the systems to catch up.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Unfortunately you do need to call customer services. In the meantime you top up many retailers or via online banking or atm.

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update. This actually wasn't an O2 issue but was due to my purchasing the phone with my debit card (had been saving for a while so had the funds) and the Fraud Operations division of my bank, blocked further payments going out till they'd contacted me. I had missed the phone call (Withheld Number) and wasn't aware till I received letter through post today.

Boy I wish I'd known that a large payment would have caused this but never done it before. Guess I'd rather have the security than not but a bit ironic that you're being blocked from your own money, because you spent your own money. Got to laugh.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good safety net from the bank.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122383 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes good call from the bank. They would have viewed it as unusual activity. ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The same thing happened to me here 6 weeks ago, unusual activity even though I have been so many times and even told them I was coming again. Thank god for TuGo....

Message 7 of 7