cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it normal to keep being lied to by O2 ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi O2,

I am one disgruntled customer !!
I sat in the queue on preorder day for the iPhone 7 plus. I eventually got through and upgrade 2 !!! Handsets both to 128gb iPhone 7 plus which I was told we would get on release day. after many issues with upgrading I was told we were good to go and we would the handset on release day.

I contacted o2 the day before release and was told not to worry all was good and I would get the handsets as promised..... never arrived. I contacted o2 who say I should have got a text but for some reason the system didn't send me one. They apologied and said they were out of stock and I would have to wait. I then asked about the larger 256gb handset and was told they had them in stock and can do next day delivery. So ... even though I shouldn't have had to I upgraded them to the larger phone with the promise they would be here next day. All went through ok but only for an adviser to let me know half hour later that they were out of stock and couldn't deliver. I was mad as you can imagine. After being lied to several times. But that's not the end ..... I was promised that I would have the new phones this week.

I just contacted o2 to see where they were up to and have been told ..... wait for it ..... no stock and I'll just have to wait !!!!

Tell you what .... I'll go to a different provider.

I understand there are stock issues but lying to customers repeatedly is not on.

Rant over !
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well O2 have done nothing but lie to me too, ordered iPhone 7 in black and told I would get it release day, doesn't turn up!!! I get a text saying I will have it within four days, I live chat yesterday to make sure it is being delivered today (4 days later) and I get told just 100% it's been dispatched and I will receive it today and a text will follow confirming time, no text arrives so I phone today to be told not only has it not been dispatched but they don't even have it yet so why the hellos and say it's dispatched, they now say they have no idea when they will have it and they may tell me more on another two days, how come other companies managed t ship their items but O2 fail????? They also send me a link to a news article saying the plus and jet black models are sold out, neither of which I will point out I have ordered so this is not a good enough excuse, O2 looks like you are about to lose yet another loyal customer due to the lies you tell to cover up your mistakes
Message 2 of 12

My4Paws
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I too have been outright lied to by 3 different chat people on 3 separate days. Whoever has instructed the operatives to make false assurances to customers needs to be sacked. Some of the lying has been incredibly elaborate too...is it just a big joke in the office? I ain't laughing! Xx
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

they told me last my phone is ready to go just waiting on uk mail to collect which is a lie

Message 4 of 12

gjdemon6646
  • 191 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Same as me. How can it be Uk Mails issue when o2 dont have the stock. They are constantly trying to shift blame. They shouldnt have let so many of us pre order and should have updated their systems.

Every launch is bad but this is the first year i havent had the phone 5 days after i should have 

Message 5 of 12

AJ1982
  • 49 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Normal? I don't think that's quite the word. Standard practice from 16/9/16 until further notice. I think that description fits the bill better😂
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Spoken to various different agents either via chat or over the phone, just different degrees of mis-information and scripted nonsense and what appears to be lies given what each person has said. The only thing that they seem to be able to agree upon is the status 'future date despatch' 

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was under the impression that 'Future date despatch' was a good thing but now not so sure

Message 8 of 12

AJ1982
Level 3: Thinker
  • 49 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

O2💷📲📦🚚😂🖕💩👋

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a joke O2 have now told me its Apples fault as they didn't ship the amount requested by O2, so now they have blamed U.K. Mail and Apple, gets some balls O2 and admit to very loyal customers you have messed up

Message 10 of 12