cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone insurance

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am 12 months into a 2 year contract and no longer get insurance with my bank account. Can I opt to get O2 insurance now?

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147102 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions
No, you can't.
Look at alternative insurance providers. If you Google it there are many, but carefully check the T&C's as they are all have various "get out" clauses 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23553 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3749 Solutions

O2 insurance is very expensive. I'm not even certain they would insure an iPhone over a year old. If you have homeowner's insurance that could be a way to go, or do a search on Google for an independent insurer. You should shop around.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 15

MI5
  • 147102 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions
No, you can't.
Look at alternative insurance providers. If you Google it there are many, but carefully check the T&C's as they are all have various "get out" clauses 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You have 28 days from purchase to take out O2 Insure.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 15

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23553 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3749 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

You have 28 days from purchase to take out O2 Insure.

A tad too late for the OP then. wink

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 15

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Just a touch! Astounded

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 6 of 15

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
Has your bank completely stopped giving out insurance or has a free period ended? You may be able to get insurance from them but it would be at a cost. I have found it cheap to get insurance through your bank if you have a bank account. I have used Natwest insurance with my bank account and they are quite cheap.
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers for the reply guys! I have finally stopped sponging off my parents bank account insurance which is why I no longer have it! Will have to go with an independent insurer, which 'switched on insurer' seems best at the moment!

Message 8 of 15

MI5
  • 147102 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions

Just my opinion, but I believe most of them will rip you off for premiums and then find the slightest little thing to get out of paying you if you claim. Plus they have a high excess that you have to pay too.
Personally I accept the risk and don't bother with insurance. I keep my phone in a decent case (something like a casemate tough £15 off Amazon) and never take it to the toilet with me wink

Message 9 of 15

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I agree, self insurance is the best, if you can put away or save the value of the phone you will have it covered and save some money.

Message 10 of 15