cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone Sim swap or use old one

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just got my new Iphone 6s plus, I have a question regarding my sim card. I received notification yesterday that my account is now on my new iphone tariff. I have a nano sim card in my current phone, so should I just put my existing sim card into my new iphone or do a sim swap with the one that came with the phone?

Thanks
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If you want to keep your number and your existing sim card is a nano sim then just put it into your new phone. keep the other one as a spare @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If you want to keep your number and your existing sim card is a nano sim then just put it into your new phone. keep the other one as a spare @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, that is what I wanted to hear as I didn't really want to go through the sim swap process!
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If it all works fine then you should be OK wink

I put my old sim in from my Samsung S3 to my new Note. All worked well. I only swapped it as the Note is a 4G phone and the S3 sim was just 3G. Best of luck anyway...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As long as you did an upgrade and your tariff has switched over you can carry on using your old sim.
If it's a new or additional contract you will need to activate the new sim.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5