Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 8 wireless charging

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Hi everyone need a question answered.Im getting an iPhone 8 plus and I ordered a wireless charger.Ive just found out the Samsung one works with the iPhone.I currently have a Samsung one,and I never realised it would work with it.The question is it ok to use?and any advice on a decent case?thinking of getting a Aug armor case.

Thanks

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@aldaweb wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@CharlieboyooAccording to the 2nd article I linked to, it said...

iPhone owners won’t be able to use faster 7.5W wireless charging until iOS 11.2 comes out.

So you should be ok if you have that. wink

I'll have to dig out the wattmeter and check it Dance

Off you go then @aldaweb joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You've got a wireless wattmeter ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 15

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
You've got a wireless wattmeter ?

No, it sits inline. I'm not sure a wireless one (ie a clamp meter) would be pheasible at those voltages/currents.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 13 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Ah, so you mean the additional load on the charger when charging?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 15

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Without access to the actual input to the charging circuit within the phone the nearest approximation is from monitoring the current and voltage into the base coil from the charger. That is, the meter goes between the charger and the wireless base.

There are apps that claim to show the charge current but that is meaningless unless the voltage is constant.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 15 of 15