Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 7

magicmelv54
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can someone please help me as I am beyond frustrated and it's becoming stressful I have spent months looking at endless forums and chats and I have no answers

My iPhone each day without fail grows, the system and other 

I have no photos on the device or videos 

music and podcasts that's it.

Health every single thing is turned off

contacts have 0 images and yet it's massive AND when I send a message and get a reply it asks if its junk as it doesn't recognise the sender YET they are in my contacts list.

Each day it grows and I have backed up and restored and again its happened. Is this apples way of making you upgrade? I would sooner know as I am getting rather disillusioned with it all. I just want a phone that works.

https://imgur.com/BeVWzOK 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@magicmelv54

That sounds like the storage management is corrupt,

In the first instance I would factory reset your device, ensuring you back everything up to icloud.

If the problem persists i would speak to apple support https://support.apple.com/en-gb
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

magicmelv54
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you firstly for taking the time to read my post and well try and figure out the mess. I am very frustrated, I do not have the best of luck with Apple having had an iPod to iPod touch to phone and every single one has had an issue but THIS by far has been THE worst.

I can't grasp it.

I could take a photo just one is a video and delete it ( this phone has nothing on it ) and boom! up it goes. I know as I say on first glance its nothing but it won't take very long for it all to be filled up and I am left with no storage and for what?

I have no apps that I love as well it will eat into this other storage. My friend has not problems YET for me this has and is hell.

I wish apple would make people aware.

I will try again and see what happens. If anyone else has the same problems or any points please do share.

slight_smile

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@magicmelv54 

If as you say there is nothing on the phone, just reset it and set it up as a new device.

If there is something corrupt in your backup, you will just keep on installing the same issue every time you do a restore.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

magicmelv54
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am afraid to say after doing everything it is still not working. I am seriously thinking of leaving apple
Message 5 of 5