Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Highlighted
Level 6: Acolyte

Re: Iphone 7 plus deposit

@Anonymous If you log into your My02, have a look at recent orders & see what you can see on there. Just a quick question, was the deposit £59.99 or straight £60 because you may be mistaking an upfront cost which goes towards the phone & not refundable?

Could you shed some light on these ??

Highlighted
Anonymous

I have spoken to approx 4 different operators who all tell me something different but no this is my 1st post regarding this complaint xx
Highlighted
Topics: 747

[ Edited ]

You should be able to log onto My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 and see payments taken and what they were for. That will be proof enough...

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Anonymous

well i was under the impression it was a deposit and have spoken to 4 different operators 1 in particular confirming it was definantly there on his screen as a deposit and today 1 extremely grumpy operator who told me it couldnt be seen and i wasnt getting it! im more than certain it was a deposit as i wouldnt just hand over the money without knowin i would get it back when other companies where offering a similar deal with the deposit back xx
Highlighted
Topics: 554
Solutions: 13,955

I'm thinking it's a deposit for the device plan which would actually come off the overall price of the phone.
I'm not sure why cs are talking about non refundable though as it's already been taken off the overall cost of the credit agreement.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

apparently not they want the actual agreement but as i did it through the app i didnt think to screen shot it xx
Highlighted

Sorry, I was responding at the same time as you.
I think you should find the money has been taken of the overall phone cost.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

As I said if it IS a deposit you will be able to get a refund after 3 months if you pay bills on time...Sadly none of us have access to your account so cant really advise further... @Anonymous

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted

I don't think it's a deposit - more like an upfront payment.

Currently using:
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

@MI5 wrote:
I don't think it's a deposit - more like an upfront payment.

Then the op need to seek clarification from O2. I know she has tried. They need to ask if this was an upfront payment for the device....or a deposit as part of credit rating?

*The Game Is On*