cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 7 plus deposit

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK so in October i made a deposit of £60 to upgrade the new iphone 7 plus as you were unable to place an order without the deposit....have today spoken to an 02 advisor who has told me this is non refundable and isnt taken off the price of the handset Surprised so basically 02 have robbed £60 and unless i can prove i would receive this back its basically non refundable but as i upgraded through their app i am unable to prove this after the event and pretty certain i have now deleted the emails in error!!!!!!! Absolutly disappointed in 02 and tbh needs to be raised with the financial ombudsmen and maybe taken to watchdog as im pretty certain its advertised clearly as a deposit and not a downpayment........anybody else had this happen or can point me in the right direction? TIA xx

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

If this was a deposit to secure the phone...then it is usually refundable after 3 months if you have paid every bill on time @Anonymous  http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),CASE=12562

Not sure if you are talking about a deposit or an upfront payment though?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 22

MI5
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Have you now got your phone?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

well im 1000% it was a deposit but im unable to confirm this now as it was through the app 😞 xx

Message 4 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes i collected the phone 13th October x

Message 5 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes i collected the phone 13th October x

Then you will have to pay three bills on time and then you will be eligible for your refund @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 22

MI5
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
When you upgraded, was your old contract complete or did you upgrade early?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok the not so kind operator is telling me i have to prove it was a deposit and not a down payment is there anyway i can do this without the emails...? xx

Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope i was a month over mu upgrade so definantly complete in my contract and up-date with all payments! This is my 3rd upgrade with 02 and have never had this problem before 😞 xx

Message 9 of 22

MI5
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
It's all rather strange... did you call cs or use live chat earlier today?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 22