cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 7 plus deposit

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK so in October i made a deposit of £60 to upgrade the new iphone 7 plus as you were unable to place an order without the deposit....have today spoken to an 02 advisor who has told me this is non refundable and isnt taken off the price of the handset Surprised so basically 02 have robbed £60 and unless i can prove i would receive this back its basically non refundable but as i upgraded through their app i am unable to prove this after the event and pretty certain i have now deleted the emails in error!!!!!!! Absolutly disappointed in 02 and tbh needs to be raised with the financial ombudsmen and maybe taken to watchdog as im pretty certain its advertised clearly as a deposit and not a downpayment........anybody else had this happen or can point me in the right direction? TIA xx

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It was an upgrade so no credit check.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm fairly sure it would have been an upfront cost against the handset. In any case a deposit of £60 makes no sense for any credit check as they usually want far more to secure the phone. Can O2 not provide you with a copy of your order which incidentally should show in My O2 as mentioned?

Message 22 of 22