cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 7 plus deposit

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK so in October i made a deposit of £60 to upgrade the new iphone 7 plus as you were unable to place an order without the deposit....have today spoken to an 02 advisor who has told me this is non refundable and isnt taken off the price of the handset Surprised so basically 02 have robbed £60 and unless i can prove i would receive this back its basically non refundable but as i upgraded through their app i am unable to prove this after the event and pretty certain i have now deleted the emails in error!!!!!!! Absolutly disappointed in 02 and tbh needs to be raised with the financial ombudsmen and maybe taken to watchdog as im pretty certain its advertised clearly as a deposit and not a downpayment........anybody else had this happen or can point me in the right direction? TIA xx

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Olamilekan
  • 97 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Anonymous If you log into your My02, have a look at recent orders & see what you can see on there. Just a quick question, was the deposit £59.99 or straight £60 because you may be mistaking an upfront cost which goes towards the phone & not refundable?

Could you shed some light on these ??

Message 11 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have spoken to approx 4 different operators who all tell me something different but no this is my 1st post regarding this complaint xx
Message 12 of 22

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You should be able to log onto My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 and see payments taken and what they were for. That will be proof enough...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
well i was under the impression it was a deposit and have spoken to 4 different operators 1 in particular confirming it was definantly there on his screen as a deposit and today 1 extremely grumpy operator who told me it couldnt be seen and i wasnt getting it! im more than certain it was a deposit as i wouldnt just hand over the money without knowin i would get it back when other companies where offering a similar deal with the deposit back xx
Message 14 of 22

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'm thinking it's a deposit for the device plan which would actually come off the overall price of the phone.
I'm not sure why cs are talking about non refundable though as it's already been taken off the overall cost of the credit agreement.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
apparently not they want the actual agreement but as i did it through the app i didnt think to screen shot it xx
Message 16 of 22

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sorry, I was responding at the same time as you.
I think you should find the money has been taken of the overall phone cost.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As I said if it IS a deposit you will be able to get a refund after 3 months if you pay bills on time...Sadly none of us have access to your account so cant really advise further... @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 22

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I don't think it's a deposit - more like an upfront payment.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I don't think it's a deposit - more like an upfront payment.

Then the op need to seek clarification from O2. I know she has tried. They need to ask if this was an upfront payment for the device....or a deposit as part of credit rating?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 22