cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 7 PLUS upgrade nightmare

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered the upgrade over 3 weeks ago.  All o2 say is they're out of stock and can't give any date as to when I will receive it.  I paid £120 to get out of my previous contract 3 months early so I can get the Iphone.  o2 were happy and quick enough to take the £120 yet i have not been given a new phone so there was no need for me to cancel my old contract early.  o2 will not refund this to me.

o2 will not offer anything or money off for the inconvenience they are causing.  Two of my friends had to wait 5 weeks almost for their Iphone 7 Plus on EE and they were given money off their tariff TWICE as a goodwill gesture.

I have been with o2 for many years (since BT Cellnet days) and still they offer me nothing.  They seem to be happy for customers to leave rather than offer them any incentive to stay.

o2 customer services don't seem to know anything re; delivery dates.  All they do is pass the call to someone else and I ended up back in the queue again listening to Sean Bean telling me that o2 are extremely busy and to call back.

Really poor service.  o2 have really gone down in service over the recent years and this now is just so poor.  John Lewis and Debenhams have phones in stock it seems

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Feel lucky - there are people who ordered 7+ on pre launch order day that still haven't received theirs yet.
Apple are deliberately holding back phones from networks.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Very frustrating for you but as said Apple are cutting back on supplies for some strange reason...if you want to complain then follow this route http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
where does it say Apple are cutting back? And for what reasons. I may as well cancel my upgrade with 02 then and go to another network I guess
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If you search on this forum about it there are many similar threads to yours which give more details and links to articles about shortages.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
where does it say Apple are cutting back? And for what reasons. I may as well cancel my upgrade with 02 then and go to another network I guess

Something we read in various articles ...this is just one http://www.ibtimes.com/apple-cutting-back-iphone-7-orders-demand-decreases-2453471

We did discuss at the time whether it was just hype so the phone demand would increase. ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

Dave111
Level 4: Observant
  • 44 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

i gave up with the O2 upgrade ages ago and went to CarPhoneWarehouse. Have an O2 contract and got the phone next day, the same one that O2 STILL can't deliver, iPhone 7 plus 256GB.

Suggest that route as I did to many others, also they are a pleasure to deal with too

Message 7 of 9

jtuk
Level 3: Thinker
  • 93 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Not much point in complaining. O2 don't care. Tried it. Nothing came out of it. They just said if you want take it to ofcom. They really don't care if you stay with them or not. They have no interest in giving you any information. My order has been moved further and further with 2 communications from them since 25 September. First to say the phone will be supplied by 30 November which came and went. 2nd message said it will be by 12 December. Now 2 days to go and surprise surprise not a whisper from them.
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi DV14 for information, I ordered a 7+ Black (128) on 22nd September and I am still waiting !! I had a email to say order was ready 3 weeks ago but its still out of stock GGGGRRRRRRR.

Message 9 of 9