Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6SE Battery dying within a day of full charge

karlee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have recently upgraded my old iphone with an SE as part of my monthly contract, the problem I am having is as soon as I have fully charged the phone the battery doesn't last the day. I'm not using the phone constantly and I always close any apps down as soon as I have finished with them. I have also switched off the loaction and brightness either down or off.

I have the latest software installed 12.1.2 and it's really dissappointing because I expected the battery to last longer than 1 day, also I'm not convinced that the phones we upgrade are actually new phones, because the batteries should last longer if they are new.

Any advise would be great.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
@karlee that sounds normal for an SE.
The batteries aren't all that bif and stuff like facebook, twitter and snapchat are constantly draining them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
@karlee that sounds normal for an SE.
The batteries aren't all that bif and stuff like facebook, twitter and snapchat are constantly draining them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

karlee
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Thanks for the reply but I don't use Twitter or Facebook or Snap chat but I do use forums and goolge a lot, do you think that will be the reason? My old iphone 5 was great it would last 2 days at least.

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Different slower processor in the 5 which used less battery, so that will make a difference. What email accounts have you got set up ?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
There were some reports of 12.1.2 draining batteries but do you stream videos use YouTube or Netflix etc?
Message 5 of 10

Bydandie
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 29 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

First things first, when you go to Settings>Battery>Battery Health what is the reading?

Secondly, in the previous screen (Settings>Battery) take a look at the Battery usage by app.  What are the offenders?  Pressing the "Show battery usage" on the right hand side will let you know if something is using the device in the background as well.

Message 6 of 10

karlee
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I use googlemail accounts.

Thanks

Message 7 of 10

karlee
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I do use my phone as a controller to stream music via my music streamer, I watch some things of youtube as well or on forums.

Thanks

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Streaming will drain batteries quick
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's a small battery in a power hungry device.
It's never going to last 2 days unless you turn everything off and don't use it.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10