cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am due my upgrade on 12th sept, I have the iphone 5 currently. Do existing upgrading customers get any special deals or times to pre order?
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Carphonewarehouse said it wasn't a handset issue, but instead, a software one.

I will head along to the Apple store but can't get there till Thursday.

Message 21 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
be sure you make an appointment to avoid disappointment at the Apple Store.

Fingers crossed for you.
Message 22 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Last time I went into the Apple store, they took my phone details, and could work out from a scanning-type device what was wrong with the handset. All I need to know is if there is something wrong... Then, in effect, CPW should change it, given that it is still within it's 28 day return period.

Message 23 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
That is an option but why not let apple swap it out for you while your already there. 😄
Message 24 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you do that? I thought a swap had to be carried out from the place you bought the phone? Do I need an appointment or would I be ok just to go in?

Message 25 of 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Any apple store will sort you out. I'm mobile at the moment so don't have to booking link but you can call your nearest store for an appointment or turn up and wait.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's one of the perks of buying into an apple product.

They should swap it out for you.

Make sure you carry out a back up first to iCloud and or iTunes.
Message 27 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Genus bar appointment link http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

You could try just turning up but if they are busy they'll advuse to make an appointment.

Take photo Id and any receipts.
Message 28 of 32

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: I went into town last night when the Apple shop was quiet (I know, weird, right?) and approached one of the reps that was on duty. He had a look at the phone after listening to my concerns and advised it was a software issue and I was to do a reset. He assured me it was not a hardware problem.

So, that's four different shops telling me it's a software issue. Truth be told - it's only if the phone is off and a message comes through (when the phone is off) that there is a problem as when the phone is switched back on, the messages appear promptly albeit without names, despite the contact info being saved. Otherwise, messages come through as normal (I rarely turn my phone off day to day!)

Message 30 of 32