cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am due my upgrade on 12th sept, I have the iphone 5 currently. Do existing upgrading customers get any special deals or times to pre order?
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Try doing a reset by holding home and power until the Apple logo appears.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Trouble shooting guide http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4268

Your iPhone should just reboot when you turn it back on.

Do you have to set new fingerprints ?

If you've had it less than 14 days have O2 swap it out if you got it from them. http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

Or make an appointment at yiur most local Apple Store via http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/ and they'll run a diagnostic.
Message 12 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't have to do new finger prints but I don't understand why it thinks it's been reset when I've simply just turned it off.
Message 13 of 32

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
On an older phone it would imply that the internal backup system had failed - Not what you would expect from a new phone though.
If a reset and the other tips don't help you need to get Apple to run a diagnostic on it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
A valid point @Anonymous

As I said if you have a local Apple Store use the Genius Bar appointment link I added ,and let Apple take a look. They'll look at the diagnostic logs etc and if it's a hardware issue they'll most likely swap it out for you in store.

Let us know how you get on please.
Message 15 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

I only got the phone last Thursday from the Carphone Warehouse. I've got 2 weeks to take it back to the store (well, one week now)... No guesses where I'm going tomorrow.

I've had various problems with this phone so hoping they will just swap it for another.

Message 16 of 32

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I only got the phone last Thursday from the Carphone Warehouse. I've got 2 weeks to take it back to the store (well, one week now)... No guesses where I'm going tomorrow.

I've had various problems with this phone so hoping they will just swap it for another.

Good luck, I'm sure they will swap it out for you.

Message 17 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

The software is up to date but I am skeptical they will do a swap. Perhaps thats the pessimist in me!

Message 18 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi folks

I went into three CarphoneWarehouses at the weekend and all said the problem was a software issue. I should make it clear that I only have 'messaage-receiving-problems' (ie, messages coming through without names despite having the contact details saved) if I recieve a message while the phone is off and thus, when it is turned back on - it comes through almost instantly but with '+447...' etc as opposed to the contact's name. The phone receieves messages normally otherwise.

Has anyone else had this problem when switching their phone back on?

Message 19 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not experiencing such issues on my iPhone 6 Plus.

I really don't see it as a software issue or I would have seen many more posts on any bug causing this.

I'm on iOS 8.1.

Would they (CPW) not swap it out for you or maybe an Apple Store if one is local would be another choice as indicated earlier in the thread.

Are you able to try another iPhone handset to see if the same happens as a process of elimination ?
Message 20 of 32