cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am due my upgrade on 12th sept, I have the iphone 5 currently. Do existing upgrading customers get any special deals or times to pre order?
Message 1 of 32
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 might also update their thread here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/iPhone-6-and-iPhone-6-plus/m-p/739075
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Most doubtful - There will be huge demand....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 might also update their thread here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/iPhone-6-and-iPhone-6-plus/m-p/739075

Currently using:
Message 5 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why should O2 (or any other network for that matter) offer an immediate discount on something which is so widely anticipated and massively sought after? 

That wouldn't be very good business practice, would it? They will have plenty of customers who are more than willing to pay full price on more expensive contracts for the "privilege" of being one of the first to own a new iPhone. 

If you want the latest kit, you should expect to pay full price for it. You can't have your cake and eat it. 

Message 6 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Does anyone know how long it takes for the iPhone 6 sim to kick in once it has had all the iTunes put on etc. Ive just backed up from my old iPhone 4s, but as yet, the iPhone 6 is still showing "no service".

Message 7 of 32

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi

Does anyone know how long it takes for the iPhone 6 sim to kick in once it has had all the iTunes put on etc. Ive just backed up from my old iPhone 4s, but as yet, the iPhone 6 is still showing "no service".

Have you done your sim swap yet ?

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

Currently using:
Message 8 of 32

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 9 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Could someone help me.

Why, when I turn my (new iPhone 6) phone off, for whatever reason, then put it back on (not necessarily instantly), do I get a message saying the phone has "restarted" thus meaning I can't use Touch ID? Also, if I get a text or imessage - it doesn't register the name of the sender (and instead gives me the long +44 etc number without the saved contact name) unless I go into the inbox?

I didn't have this problem with my iphone 5.
Message 10 of 32