cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6 plus mic probles

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had my phone for about 7 weeks now. Love phone but can't use it for this purpose.  When I'm on a call the party at the other end cannot hear me (either distorted or as if I've hit the mute button).  Been into Apple who say there no problem with either the soft or hardware o the phone. So I'm stuck.  Just wondering if it could be a network fault.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Is it everywhere or just in one area?
Is phone in a case or anything covering the mic, such as your finger?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Had my phone for about 7 weeks now. Love phone but can't use it for this purpose.  When I'm on a call the party at the other end cannot hear me (either distorted or as if I've hit the mute button).  Been into Apple who say there no problem with either the soft or hardware o the phone. So I'm stuck.  Just wondering if it could be a network fault.

Is it everyone you call or just one person because if it's just one person then their phone might be the one not working 

Message 3 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Just read this. 5 ways to fix iPhone 6 mic problems

http://www.technobezz.com/5-ways-to-fix-microphone-on-iphone-6/

If all those fail then Apple support should be contacted

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201232

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure if this would make any difference, but have you tried a different sim card in your iPhone?

If the problem is present on all calls, I would go back to the Apple Store and explain that they said there was nothing wrong with it, and I would then ask to call the store and let them hear for themselves the problem you are having and ask them to explain how they can come to the conclusion that there isn't anything wrong with it.

If everyone you call can't hear you, then there is defintely a problem.

Message 5 of 15

PiedPiper
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did you have a genius appointment at an Apple Store? If yes, did they try making a call and hearing it for themselves? If so, what happened?

Oops. Didn't notice I repeated Fatboy's comments, but can't see how to remove entire message.

Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PiedPiper wrote:

Did you have a genius appointment at an Apple Store? If yes, did they try making a call and hearing it for themselves? If so, what happened?

Oops. Didn't notice I repeated Fatboy's comments, but can't see how to remove entire message.

You can't remove it but you can delete it in the edit function & replace the message with the words deleted by me

Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
How are you getting on with this @Anonymous ?
Message 8 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
How are you getting on with this @Anonymous ?

Can't hear you....LOL

Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL good one! 

But he has to read !

Message 10 of 15