cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6 keyboard

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello can you all help?
The keyboard on the iPhone 6 plus ( probably all iPhones) are fab when I'm doing anything. However when I search for something in safari a slightly different keyboard appears and the space bar is smaller and the full stop appears. This means whenever I search for something my search always ends up with full stops instead of spaces. Super annoying!
Is there a way of changing it? Now as I type this my keyboard is perfect with a long space bar so I can happily type.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Yeah but it's annoying to have to shift to get a full stop all the time.....
Anyway, you can't change the standard keyboard but you can now download different ones so you'd be best to search app store for something you like.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
They have some good free ones & paid too, I am currently using Touch Pal
Message 3 of 8

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
They have some good free ones & paid too, I am currently using Touch Pal

Are there any other advantages on top of a different keyboard layout @Anonymous ?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well you have the advantages of choosing different colours, themes to suit your preferences & the emojis & some keyboards can vary in their uses such as particular keyboards for something's like documents or notes only etc, I go for universal ones that you can use on apps, messenger, text etc & it comes with predictive text also
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello can you all help?
The keyboard on the iPhone 6 plus ( probably all iPhones) are fab when I'm doing anything. However when I search for something in safari a slightly different keyboard appears and the space bar is smaller and the full stop appears. This means whenever I search for something my search always ends up with full stops instead of spaces. Super annoying!
Is there a way of changing it? Now as I type this my keyboard is perfect with a long space bar so I can happily type.

I think the keyboard when using Safari was changed slightly with the latest iOS update so this might help you. Other than that, install a third party keyboard. There's some good ones, such as Swype and Swiftkey slight_smile

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
So apart from using a non Apple keyboard is there nothing that can be done? Why does the full stop only appear when searching the web and not any other time?
Message 7 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Because Apple don't think you need a full stop at any other time !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 8 of 8