Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5s delivery update

Number_3
Level 3: Thinker
  • 53 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Ordered a 5s white 16gb on the 23rd September, was given the standard "up to 6/12 weeks" for delivery, spoke to O2 today, and am taking with a pinch of salt, but this changed on the 4th October to up to 2 week delivery. Not sure if that just for me or general orders.

Message 1 of 84
83 REPLIES 83

joeobrien
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 23 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

o2 website now showing 5s, 64GB in champagne as in stock. 

Just ordered one over the phone and I've been told it's in stock ready for delivery - although not sure how accurate both the website and phone advisors are! 

Other devices also seeing reduced delivery times so perhaps Apple are starting to shift stock. 

Message 51 of 84

joeobrien
  • 23 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Update: after upgrading yesterday, paying for next day delivery and no one saying there was an issue with my order... today I've been told that it is a 3-6 week wait for my phone to be delivered - 64gb, gold iPhone 5s. 

o2.co.uk says this model is in stock but no one on the phone was able to tell me why that was, they were able to tell me that even though it says this "they probably arn't"

So £585 later, no new tariff, no new phone... as you can imagine I am less than pleased! 

Message 52 of 84

Anonymous
Not applicable

I, too, spotted the Gold 5S 64GB online on Friday and then upgraded over the phone - the first rep I spoke to on the main line as well as the guy on the Upgrade line that processed my order for me, both confirmed that it was in stock and would be delivered on Monday.  It's now Sunday night and I have yet to receive a despatch notification or tracking details, so I thought I'd have a word over the chat help service to see what's what.

They checked my order and the first thing they said was that the phone is out of stock and I was misinformed when I was told otherwise on Friday.  Once I told them that the phone is still currently showing as In Stock online and sent them the link to the product page, though, they went to double check and said "the phone is now back in stock." 

I'm not sure how confident I am in that explanation, but I had a copy of the chat transcript sent to me where I was told in no uncertain terms that the phone is definitely in stock now and if I just wait patiently, the phone will be in my hands on Tuesday - so if this ultimately isn't the case I will be one unhappy camper and will be making a complaint.  

Just thought I'd share the response I had from customer services, joeobrien, since we seem to be in the same boat here.

Message 53 of 84

Anonymous
Not applicable

And success! I've just had my dispatch notification email, so it looks like the webchat rep was right slight_smile

Message 54 of 84

joeobrien
  • 23 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Mine too. Great news.

Message 55 of 84

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered my iPhone 5s (Gold 16gb) at 8.30am on Friday morning (25th Oct.) and was told to expect a 2-4 week wait for delivery, though there was a chance it could come a little earlier. My order has been listed as "In Progress" since.

I received a text message this afternoon at 3pm saying that it will be delivered tomorrow between 10.30am and 2.30pm. Quite a nice surprise, hopefully it will be delivered tomorrow and nothing goes wrong between now and then! Just a shame I'll be at work till 9pm and won't be able to pick it up from my Dad's work till Wednesday morning!

Message 56 of 84

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered my upgrade 64gb space grey last tuesday afternoon, 29th Oct, and got a text message and email this morning saying it will be delivered tomorrow Monday 4th between 10 and 2. I was told there was a 3-6 week wait when i ordered so this was a nice surprise.

Hope some other people are also having some luck getting their phones too.

Message 57 of 84

Anonymous
Not applicable

lucky you!

i upgraded yesterday and was told the iphone was in stock, now that i have to wait 3-6 weeks and by some other person that it will be in stock in 2 days

sick of their lies so decided to cancel my order

Message 58 of 84

bexinthecity
  • 153 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
Tell me about it!! Sick of being told different delivery times by different people. I've spoken/chatted to 4 people and all of them gave a different answer!!!
Message 59 of 84

Anonymous
Not applicable

got my iphone from the store today

but due to them not knowing what they are doing i had to give 30 days notice on my old contract and take out a new one!

at least the early upgrade fee covered the early contract cancellation and now they want £29.99 upfron cost but that will be adjusted in my next bill so can't complain unless they will muck me about again

Message 60 of 84