Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5c

Belle05
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Help - i have an Iphone 5c taken mobile data off except for internet (safari) but phone is eating data at record speed any help please

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Belle05
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

o2 are telling me I have used 4gb in 5 days!

Message 11 of 30

Belle05
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have turned off data on all but 2 apps (1 is safari) I have wifi at home. Wifi assist is off.
Message 12 of 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I think you may be experiencing the same problem as I linked to above, which Martin is going to raise with O2 for us.
Unfortunately, it's an old O2 problem that has reappeared.
Check usage on your handset.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 30

Belle05
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not sure I understand - what is the old problem. How do I check data usage please - I've only had the phone 3 1/2 weeks and it has eaten up £45 data!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 14 of 30

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Settings >Mobile data >Current period will tell you how much data the phone has used since you had it.

If you scroll to the bottom you can reset the counter and keep an eye on how much is being used by the phone.

This should be the same as O2 say you have used, but "the old" problem is that O2's data is vastly over inflated.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 30

Belle05
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for that will have a look - so what do I do now because this can't carry on! When I reported it weeks ago I was told it was because wifi assist was on so I turned it off but it's still doing it!

Message 16 of 30

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Keep a check on your data usage and if it doesn't tie up with what O2 have said you have used, you need to complain to customer services.
You can check what O2 think you have used in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Currently using:
Message 17 of 30

Belle05
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your replies - Martin is looking into it and say he will get back to me~! Hopefully that will be soon ! Never encountered such problems on EE!!:smileywink:

Message 18 of 30

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Belle05 wrote:

Never encountered such problems on EE!!:smileywink:

No you probably wouldn't.....it seems unique to O2.....it's good to be different.....sometimes........I think Confused

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 19 of 30

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I know the problem well as I had it myself and moved that account to EE.
Never had a problem since.
Only got 1 iPhone left on o2 now so watching it carefully.

Currently using:
Message 20 of 30