cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5 out of stock

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

Wonder if anyone else is having the same problem?  I upgraded my phone to the Iphone 5 on the 21st Jan and was told it would arrive in 1-2 days.  After asking my grandfather to wait patiently for delivery it did not arrive.  I rang O2 and was told it was out of stock,  could cancel and get in-store but would not get the same deal I had received on-line.  But was told a delivery was due on the 29th Jan (8 days after my order!).

I see today that the online stock says 'in stock' so I rung up again only to be told that it is still out of stock, there is no delivery for tomorrow and they cannot tell me when I will receive my phone!  I asked if I could be waiting months and the woman responded 'I cannot say!'  Again I have the option to cancel, but it's out of stock in all O2 stores!

This seems completely unacceptable to me, has anyone else had this experience and realistically when might I receive me phone?

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Unfortunatly all online/phone orders are processed through CPW for the handset. I'm not sure if O2 can check CPW stock levels (annoying I know)

I'm suprised its taking so long fingers crossed you won't be waiting much longer.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a pain! What kind of iPhone 5 is it?

You could have a look at CPW website and see if they have it online or in any local stores?

Just make sure if you have any discounts to apply to the tariff you check first that they are available through CPW.

Message 2 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Typically the 16gb is the one that's in high demand.

Took me two weeks to reserve mine from an apple store.

I've watched people walk into an 02 shop and walk out with one but have to accept one that's not their first choice of colour and capacity.
Message 3 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Typically the 16gb is the one that's in high demand.

Took me two weeks to reserve mine from an apple store.

I've watched people walk into an 02 shop and walk out with one but have to accept one that's not their first choice of colour and capacity.

At least they managed to get one though

Message 4 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

i am having the same problem, ordered mine last week on 22nd, didnt tell me was out of stock. i expected to receive by thursday. i called on friday to be told out of stock. called yesterday as they said had delivery friday, checked with upgrades and no delivery and no date of when they are getting the phones. not much can do unless you cancel and take the risk of getting one in store (if they have them) or hoping another network provider has them

Message 5 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been told I they may get a delivery on the 4th February, but this has not been confirmed...  will wait and see.

I disagree that there is nothing that can be done, I've been told different information by different people and not once was I told it was out of stock when ordering.  I will be complaining.  Although yeah I just have to wait for the handset, it is out of stock in most stores too!

Message 6 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have now also been told stock will be in on February 4th! So not sure if will get it delivered Monday. Your right a complaint can be done as like you I wasn't informed was out of stock until I queried why hadn't received my phone.

Message 7 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've also been in touch with o2 and they told be they hope to have a delivery in between 5/7 days. I was also not told they were out of stock.
Message 8 of 23

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Unfortunatly all online/phone orders are processed through CPW for the handset. I'm not sure if O2 can check CPW stock levels (annoying I know)

I'm suprised its taking so long fingers crossed you won't be waiting much longer.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 9 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

think it's bang out of order that they have our money but you don't get our phones, they shouldn't take money until phone's have been dispatched, and they don't bother keeping us informed either

Message 10 of 23