cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5 major security issue???

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I upgraded from iphone 4 to iphone 5 on launch day.

Yesterday something very strange happened and I think it's a pretty serious problem!

I received a text message from a number that I don't know.  The text started 'Hi Anne' - so I know it wasn't intended for me.  I assumed that somebody had entered the wrong number, so I ignored the text.

A ouple of hours later, I received another text - this one from Anne, replying to the text I had received earlier.  It joined the thread of the original text message.  At this stage I assumed that I was part of a group text message, and somebody had my number by mistake.

However, when I checked - I now have the entire conversation history between these 2 people in my messages!  This includes messages they sent to each other last week - before I received the first message!!!

To put this in context.  Imagine you and your friend have been texting each other for weeks.  Tonight you send a text to this friend, but also to a 3rd person, asking them both if they fancy going out.  The third person can then see every message that you and your friend have sent to each other!

Called O2 this morning and they have taken details but have never heard of this before.  I still have the messages, and the thread is growing as these 2 people text one another.  I don't want to text and tell them as I don't give my number to strangers.

Got to be concerning if this is normal?  Anybody else experienced this?

Thanks

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
There's currently a crossed-line issue affecting phone calls in and around the general Birmingham area of the country.

Are either of you in the vicinity?
Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not good to still be going on now this should have been sorted by now

Message 12 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93922 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

They are reporting on Twitter that it's been fixed but people are still saying it's a problem.

Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
No, I'm in West Yorkshire
Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

In West Yorkshire and not had any issues slight_smile 

Message 15 of 15