Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Highlighted
Level 5: Ponderer
Accepted Solution

Iphone 5 Battery

Hi all,

Got my iphone today, put my setting on it and away ive gone. It came 66% charged and i have plugged it in to charge yet. My battery after just 2 hours is 38% after doing a restore from the cloud.

Anyone else battery dying quick and also should i let the battery run down before giving it a full charge?

Anonymous

Re: Iphone 5 Battery

@gjdemon6646 wrote:

Hi all,

Got my iphone today, put my setting on it and away ive gone. It came 66% charged and i have plugged it in to charge yet. My battery after just 2 hours is 38% after doing a restore from the cloud.

Anyone else battery dying quick and also should i let the battery run down before giving it a full charge?

Please dont let it run to low litihum ion battery chemestry prefers to be keept toped up

Think of it like this you buy a new Ferrari an run it in on a race track flat out

The battery will improve with a little use Smiley Wink

Level 5: Ponderer

So should i charge it up now fully?

Anonymous

Yes charge it fully and if possable only use down to 50% for a week or two also take it off charge as soon as possable once it reaches 100% this will dramatically increase the life of your battery

Level 44: Clearly Talented

Leave it on charge for a good while most manuals say somthing like 24 hours always do a full charge never part charge. Should be greatly improved.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink
Anonymous

A restore from iCloud means that the phone has probably spent that 2 hours continually downloading data (apps), unpacking and installing them and shuffling data around ...

Not 'typical' usage ... would expect that to muller the battery.
But yes, also batteries do take a few cycles to break in from their storage charge state
Level 44: Clearly Talented

O I never read the cloud part sorry I assumed iTunes highlight is completely correct I'm amazed the battery only dropped that much.

Should really put it on charge if your backing up or restoring from the cloud. Run out of power half way through is a sure way to brick your phone for a while
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink