cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5 4G issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,
Don't suppose anyone's got an idea why my iPhone keeps dropping its 3G and 4G signal and just leaving me with crappy gprs? I have noticed I need to turn my phone off and back on again to get 3G or 4G back but surely there's a hidden issue here?
Thanks
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Yeah, they do that too - Not too reliable considering the price really 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi there yea there's a mast near me but it just always seems to drop connection, but when I reboot it it's fine!! Weird!

You say there's a mast near you, but have you actually checked if the mast is working? http://status.o2.co.uk/

Secondly, I notice that the subject of your post says iPhone 5 4G issues. The iPhone 5 is not compatible with 4G on O2.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 15

Sammy_boy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I have a feeling it still an iPhone bug, my old 5 did that on 3g, my 5S does it on both 3 and 4G, dropping to 2g and there being a long delay if at all before it switched back to a faster speed. I find toggling flight mode fixes the problem in the shirt term, quicker than rebooting it. It's still very annoying, to the point I'd consider selling it on.
Message 13 of 15

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

There's 4 bands of LTE I am aware of. iPhone 6 supports Class 4 LTE, bringing 300Mb/s speed downloads.

LTE Advanced will operate on higher-band of the cell spectrum. I find it really astonishing there is so much technology advancements available with very little support for them. I know London and other big cities are usually candidates for such trials.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice to read all this but my 5S had better 4G connection than my 6 does now! Hahaha not so good
Message 15 of 15