Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

Iphone 2.0 on PAYG

If you buy the new iphone on PAYG will it be locked to o2 network only or will i be able to use it with other networks,

I was thinking (or maybe hoping) it wouldnt be locked as the phone isnt being subserdized by the network as you paid for it outright, if it is locked to o2 when you buy it would o2 charge you a admin fee to unlock it?
Anonymous

Iphone 2.0 on PAYG

It will be still locked to the o2 network as it will still be somewhat cheaper than sim free... I hear that it is going to be around £269 on PAYG so would say around 350-400 sim free if they even do it sim free...
Highlighted
Anonymous

Iphone 2.0 on PAYG

I'll happyily pay £500 - £600 for a legitimate sim free iphone. I hope O2 offer this as an option
Anonymous

Iphone 2.0 on PAYG

the only thing then with a sim free phone is you wouldnt get visual voicemail....and the free wifi at cloud and Bt openzone.. and most networks like 3, would expect you to pay for unlimited surfing outside of their network
Anonymous

Iphone 2.0 on PAYG

Well yeah theres the visual voicemail issue, but tbh it wouldnt bother me ringing voicemail anyway.

The reason I'm asking is I'm a t mobile contract customer and quoite happy with them and the price plan i'm on but would like an Iphone. I do hope that they sell a sim free option or they charge to unlock the phone
Anonymous

Iphone 2.0 on PAYG

I just found this... hope this is not going to be the case over here...

"Vodafone Italia has just announced that to get the iPhone 3G without a contract will cost €499 for the 8GB and €569 for the 16GB models. That's approximately £395 and £450 in pounds, shillings and pence. OK, it's still cheaper than getting an 8GB model free with an 18-month £45 contract with O2 (£810) but it's still very steep - especially since you'll still have to sign up for some form of voice/data contract with another network."
Anonymous

Iphone 2.0 on PAYG

is that truly sim free or is that on their pay as you go plan?
Anonymous

Iphone 2.0 on PAYG

It says without contract not prepay

I cant see it myself... hense why apple have launched it in so many countries...