cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent speeds with 3G.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have recently got a 24month contract with the iPhone 6.

Short story, the 3G speed is rubbish. Some places it's fine and some it's awful.

The main aspect is that at all times it shows 3G. Which mean I should be able to watch a low resolution video without insane buffering and images and webpages should load at a good speed. But this doesn't happen.

If I have 3G it should live up to a minimum speed.

I have ran speed tests and 4G is absolutely fine when I have it. But 3G is as low as 0.23mb. While 4g is at 27mg.

My concern has arisen by myself being with EE for 2 and a half years.

I now want to go back.

Can 02 help? Or do I have to put up with this for 2 years or do I call it quits already with 02.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well you need to make a decision about staying pretty soon otherwise it will be a hefty fee to pay off but as @MI5 says it's happening all over the country, for example I can get good 3G in some areas but very patchy in others, use wifi where possible

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
That's normal for 3g across the country at the moment. O2 are rolling out network upgrades but the completion for this is by the end of 2017.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
5 days ago. I'm use to the speed of EE and it have lived up to expectation. Now I'm end up in a car park on top of a building waiting for a low res video to buffer, I end up giving up. Next moment I'm at home with 4G and next month I'm in a coffee shop with 3G and it's fine.

Just all over the place!! But with EE it's consistent.

Cheers.
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have a refresh contract you can pay off the device plan & cancel the airtime tariff & leave without penalty

You are still in the cooling off period so you can take the phone back
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Next moment**
Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Cancel whilst inside of 14 days and go back to EE.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can just take the phone back and leave 02 but just so much effort, I want to know if all customers are experiencing this and are not happy about it.
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I can just take the phone back and leave 02 but just so much effort, I want to know if all customers are experiencing this and are not happy about it.

Yes, all over the country as I said above.

Seriously. Take the hassle and cancel while you can.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well you need to make a decision about staying pretty soon otherwise it will be a hefty fee to pay off but as @MI5 says it's happening all over the country, for example I can get good 3G in some areas but very patchy in others, use wifi where possible
Message 10 of 11