cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interference on calls!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi
Can anyone please help? When myself & family members are making calls (we all have iphones, recently very new) whether it is to a landline or a mobile, regardless of who the mobile phone provider is, people cannot understand what we are saying, it's either 'garbled' or 'breaking up' or makes a terrible scrambling noise! This has happened occasionally before. However, this problem is become increasingly frequent to the point that it is having a serious effect - We are unable to make or receive calls to anybody, more importantly, to family when we want to and need to as 2 out of 3 times it is impossible to have a conversation with them. Also, when we do have a successful conversation with them, often, it will deteriorate at some point during the conversation & usually the call is cut off. Should they then try and ring me, it is not possible to connect. When this problem isn't apparent, calls are great and conversations are completely clear and concise.
We have tried rebooting the phones, going into another room, disabling wireless and bluetooth on the phones, none of it does any good.
This problem is causing so much frustration as we are missing important calls and also having to use the landline, therefore paying landline provider extra as well as paying contract! I have spoke to o2 on numerous occasions and they inform me everytime that the coverage in my area is excellent.
We have all got the Tugo app but this can be useless at times as it will only receive calls when you have no signal at all & we all have 2 bars of signal on our phones (so Tugo wont work!!)
Anyone else having this issue? Anyone know what causes this problem? Some one please help!!

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi...I wonder if, as its affecting you all ...whether you have a mast problem in your area.? You can check using these guides

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...

http://status.o2.co.uk/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried the O2 coverage checker
Message 3 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have been through this process many times and we still have the problem! I was wondering, as they are all 4G phones could this possibly be an issue or am i just clutching at straws? Getting desperate now!

Message 4 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you turned 3G/4G off in your phones then just stick to 2G that should give you a lot better signal
Message 5 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is almost certainly a signal issue.

Your iPhone will pick up the best grade signal it can but that doesn't necessarily mean you will get the best experience.

In your phone @Anonymous what signal are you picking up? 4g? 3g? H+? H? E? EDGE or 2g?
Message 6 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, I have been through this process many times and we still have the problem! I was wondering, as they are all 4G phones could this possibly be an issue or am i just clutching at straws? Getting desperate now!

It could indeed be the issue. Try turning off 4G as suggested by  @Anonymous  and using just 2 or 3G which is all that is needed for calls and texts....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

If i turn 4g off, it automatically goes to 3g, so how do i go to 2g? I can't see any option on my phone.

Message 8 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get 4g or 3g

Message 9 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
In some areas people can actually get 4g data but they are not technically on a 4g area. I live in one of those areas. So i can use 4g data in parts of the house but cannot make or receive calls or texts.

So can you check status at status.o2.co.uk and enter your postcode and let us know what it says?
Message 10 of 38