Did you mean: 

Insurance issues

Gtaebrir
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there,

My partner got a refurbished phone from o2 insurance in may, the first phone that arrived was broke and we waited over a week for the second replacement to arrive. Recently the phone has frozen and the touch has stopped working out of the blue, there is no damage to the phone at all and it hasn’t been dropped since o2 delivered it. We contacted the insurance and they said they couldn’t deal with our issue and that the higher tech people would call us on Monday, we’ll Monday came and went and we had no phone call back. We rung them back on Friday, where we were notified they wasn’t going to even call us and that we had to make a claim and pay the £60 excess for something we didn’t even do. After some looking online we found out the iPhone X has a touch issue and is under warrenty from apple for 3 years. We contacted apple and after over an hours chat the gentleman told us the replacement phone was from China! And that if we wanted it serviced we had to travel from the Isle of Wight to Guildford to personally take it to a shop because they cannot send phone that are from a different country. They also told us to ask the insurance company why they have given us a phone from China in the first place. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem with o2 insurance, with being given a replacement that is from a company that they don’t even trade in!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
All iPhones come from China.
Do you have an Apple store nearby?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Most unlikely....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Gtaebrir
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes I understand things are made In China, but apple themselves are confused as to why this phone is actually from China from the IMEI number, No we do not have an apple store on the island, and even if we did right now it would be shut! Yes the iPhone X is under warrenty for the first 3 years from the sale of the unit as it states on the apple website under ‘iPhone X Display Module Replacement Program for Touch Issues‘. I was only posting on here because I wanted to see if anyone else had been having these issues, or had been through the same
Message 5 of 5