cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing IOS7 on UK phone while in USA

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to instal IOS7 on my iPhone 5 while I am in the USA? I won't have access to my ITunes.
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You should be able to update OTA anywhere on your iPhone, as your personnel details, Apple i.d, connect's to Apples Servers.

I moved from iOS5 to iOS6 in that way.

The only reason why you wouldn't be able to is if your on iOS7 Beta 6 as a developer.

In that case you would only be able to update to iOS7 GM/public release ,via iTunes.

Ensure you have carried out a back up to iCloud before you begin.

However take into account it will be a large'ish update so be connected to a power source and use WiFi, or your data allowance will be drained substantially and you could face roaming charges.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You should be able to update OTA anywhere on your iPhone, as your personnel details, Apple i.d, connect's to Apples Servers.

I moved from iOS5 to iOS6 in that way.

The only reason why you wouldn't be able to is if your on iOS7 Beta 6 as a developer.

In that case you would only be able to update to iOS7 GM/public release ,via iTunes.

Ensure you have carried out a back up to iCloud before you begin.

However take into account it will be a large'ish update so be connected to a power source and use WiFi, or your data allowance will be drained substantially and you could face roaming charges.

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im running the final GM release on my iPhone and mini and its great, im sure the apple servers will be getting hammered on wednesday so be prepared to keep trying..
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Im running the final GM release on my iPhone and mini and its great, im sure the apple servers will be getting hammered on wednesday so be prepared to keep trying..

I'm sure the Apple Servers will be maxed out as per usual.

My son is on a Apple developers account and i've been keeping up to date through him.

Some will like the UI overhall and some won't. 

wink

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed, i think its looks great and really is a welcome change.

considering the iPad mini is considered old hardware its running lovely and slick - and dare i say it the battery life seems a bit better also which is never a bad thing wink

Dal

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

considering the iPad mini is considered old hardware its running lovely and slick - and dare i say it the battery life seems a bit better also which is never a bad thing wink

Dal

It amuses me on the sheer amount of threads that pop up everywhere in regards to battery life after updates.

Many don't seem to take into account their using it more to try out the new specs.

I've found that the best tip on battery worries is to turn off the % sign ! 

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Never really concerned me about the battery life, I usually get a weeks worth, but it's been highly reported the earlier betas some were having issues - I didn't suffer from this issue.

Still it's nice to see a change as iOS 6 is looking dated
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
My phone typically lasts a day.
Message 8 of 8