cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound call charges

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone help with this question?

I have a pay monthly contract with 500 minutes of talk time. I have had this for several years now and it has always served the purpose. 2 days before my limit was due to refresh I hit the 500 minute limit, so now expect to pay at O2s standard tariff rate. To avoid picking up charges, a friend contacted me from their BT landline and the discussion took 50 minutes. To my horror, I discovered that I now had a £11 charge on my monthly invoice for this call. I spoke to my friend who checked their bill and he also had a £7.70 charge (0.35ppm) on his invoice, so the 50 minutes call from BT landline to O2 mobile cost £18+. Should I now expect any inbound call to incur a cost while I'm outside of my tariff allowance - it seems criminal this can happen and isn't explained in the O2 website tariff detail at all - can anyone confirm this is how it works?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Ah yes, that would certainly explain it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
A final note - I asked both O2 operatives for a transcript of the electronic conversation as I was adamant I shouldn't have been charged for an inbound call and guess what..... no transcript has arrived in my Inbox - they obviously knew they were making up the answers and didn't want to release the evidence!!!
Message 12 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Live chat don't even know their heads from their tails 

Message 14 of 14