cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Spain and 3G Internet will not work

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am currently away in Spain (Seville) for work, usually i keep data roaming switched off and just use wifi, but today I need to send some files with my phone.  I have O2 Travel, and I have switched data roaming on.

I currently have 3 bars of signal (3G) yet I am not able to open web pages, download emails or anything else which requires data.

What am I doing wrong?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I visit Spain regulary and find O2 Roaming data impossible to use. I think they cap data after you use 25 meg. Considering the company is owned by Telefonica I have to wonder what they are playing at. To get around the problem I have resorted to using a 3 'Feel At Home' account on my backup phone, which works perfectly. Thank you 3 🙂

Message 11 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Many of us do the same.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, had same issue in Italy today, changed setting to mobile and worked!
Message 13 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You need to get the correct data tariff on your account when you get back to uk.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 14