cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Progress

Anonymous
Not applicable

I received an email today telling me my IPhone 7 + 128GB Jet Black order is in progress and was told on live chat this means I will receive my phone in a few days.... problem is before I received this email I was told the phone is out of stock. Has anyone had emails like this or knows what this means? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

pjw1985
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I ordered the same phone by 8:08 on the 9th of September. I wouldnt believe anything anyone says at o2 until you actually get a tracking number of the order. Customer service, Live chat and their social network teams are all useless! o2 are good at taking our money and lying over and over. 

Just wait until it finally comes and then we can collectively make their customer service's lives hell until they think of some way of compensating their long term customers for the lies and lack of communication. 

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have previously said to them that getting 25% extra data does not benefit me as i already have 20GB and they have said many times that is all they are offering.

Message 3 of 7

MattC2003
Level 1: Joiner
  • 18 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had this last week...really got my hopes up. I don't think it actually means anything as I've since been told my phone is out of stock again...it seems i've ordered the same device as you. Literally I was on chat, they said it had gone to fulfilment and that i'd receive a text. Naturally, I didn't believe them, so then promptly phoned CS who confirmed that this was the case, and that i'd have the text with delivery details within 2-3 days. After that call, I received the email that you got (i assume), which really made me think things were progressing.

Sadly, the 2-3 day promise is now 6 days ago, and still no phone, and now chat and CS are saying it's out of stock...

Message 4 of 7

AJ1982
Level 3: Thinker
  • 49 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Everyone should group together and not pay their bill, contact o2 and tell them your money is out of stock! It'll be with them in a few days. Sorry for all the trouble. Just hold your breath until it arrives🖕😂

Message 5 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Im sure you're joking @AJ1982 but not paying bills can lead to collection action so I would advise against that sort of action. Registering a complaint is the way to go if your not happy wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Martin,

But isnt false advertising and customer service reps lying to consumers not also against trading standards and advertising law. In essence, advertising on or before 23 delivery (and here we are on the 27th with many people who even had on launch delivery without their handsets) without there devices continually being thrown in circles by incompetance lies close to the boundaries of fraud.

By no means am I condoning @AJ1982's suggestion and I'm sure that he's joking too, but O2 do need to be careful with the level of service they are providing, and what they are advertising to customers because it could become a costly venture.

Message 7 of 7