cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone 6s locked

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have a locked iphone and after 6calls with the hotline/ emails to support etc. nobody could't help to unlock this phone. We need the phone for business and want to use it in Germany with other SIM Cards too.

Five times the support told me it's done, but we can't use.

Apple Store told me it's still locked and they can't help.

O2 in Germany can't help too and told me they have no rights.

yv

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke with O2 again. Again I got the massage, they are working on it and it will be done within 72 hours and I will receive an email.

This was like my first call 3 weeks ago... lol

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

speak to o2 customer services tell them you want to unlatch your phone for overseas's use. it will take them approx 72 hours to generate a code that wilol be text to you! once you recive this code plug your phone into your itunes account and insert a new sim from any other network this should then automaticly unlock your phone to use any sim card within it!... this is free todo from o2 

Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually it’s free if you are a contract customer but If you are pay as you go you need to top up at least £15 credit to do the unlock ing but you need to have already made a few chargeable calls & texts for the sim to be registered on the network 

Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. But after 6 calls with the support I think they are too supid! But I try again.

Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

i understand your frustration but justtell them you want to unlatch your phone, they will do this and it will be free of charge if your a pay monthly customer, you do just need to sit tight and wait for the text to come through and it will tajke approx 72 hours 

Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Have you already tried putting a non o2 sim in the phone as it may already be unlocked 

Message 6 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Follow the process here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

You don't actually get a code with Apple as they unlock directly on their system. Then you merely insert a different network sim.

Did you get the phone direct from O2 or another retailer? Have you tried another sim? 

Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

i never new that @jonsie when i unlocked my 7+ i had to wait for an unlatch code from o2 before i could put a non o2 sim in to complete the unlock process.... Zipped

Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s why I said IS the phone already unlocked as there is no need for codes

Message 10 of 14