cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone 6 Refresh Tariffs Wrong

Anonymous
Not applicable
I looked at Tariffs for iPhone 6 on O2 website and the phone differs to the phone prices to buy phones from Apple UK.

An iPhone 6 with 64 GB is £619 on Apples website unlocked and £729.99 on O2's website. This can't be right, I can't place pre-order if prices are wrong. Did anyone else notice and has anyone from O2 seen this.

Or is there some reason the phone is £110 more?
Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Each retailer will set their own prices.
Also note that o2 refresh offers 0% interest on the credit agreement which means o2 are effectively financing your phone.

If you can afford to buy sim free i would always look to purchase direct from the manufacturer of the price is acceptable to you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

It has been known for handset plan prices on O2's Refresh tariffs to be higher than buying it sim free from Apple.

Disposable income comes into play.
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Each retailer will set their own prices.
Also note that o2 refresh offers 0% interest on the credit agreement which means o2 are effectively financing your phone.

If you can afford to buy sim free i would always look to purchase direct from the manufacturer of the price is acceptable to you.
Message 3 of 18

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Well you pay a bit more through O2 refresh, although you can get a reduction on your last bill before the contract starts.

I'm paying about £360 for my handset over 24 months which isn't too bad when you consider other options. Granted I got a good deal on it.

How Apple can justify their prices I just don't know,

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah but you see, Apple don't have to justify it. They don't need to charge less because everyone is paying slight_smile then again, when you consider the iPhone 6 16gb is the same price as the Samsung galaxy s5, while being vastly superior in build quality and materials (metal over cheap plastic), Apple are quite competitively priced slight_smile Just my opinion slight_smile
Message 5 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144298 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
when you consider the iPhone 6 16gb is the same price as the Samsung galaxy s5, while being vastly superior in build quality and materials (metal over cheap plastic), Apple are quite competitively priced slight_smile Just my opinion slight_smile

Which of course you are fully entitled to have - At least Apple are starting to catch up on the tech wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 18

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Yes but better presentation doesn't mean it's better. It's subjective to every individuals opinion.

Would making Samsung telephones out of more expensive materials make them any better? Secondly, what is it with you Apple people always picking on Samsung. Surely the Sony Xperia Z2 with quality screen and Ingress protection should be noted.

I don't think it really makes much difference what materials you use however the more precious metals you use, I guess you should be willing to part with more cash. 

When Ubuntu announced the Touch handset I was keen to find out what it offered; the specification was ambitious however it would have been great.

But anyway....

Message 7 of 18

MI5
  • 144298 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@anticpated wrote:

Secondly, what is it with you Apple people always picking on Samsung. Surely the Sony Xperia Z2 with quality screen and Ingress protection should be noted..

Can't pick on that though................?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 18

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 9 of 18

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

See this is the problem, the superiority complex and social distinction people have when they buy these things. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against Apple or iPhone, it's just good advertising. It doesn't float my boat however I am willing to accept that others wish to make that choice.

Message 10 of 18