cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPHONE 8 4g dropping to 3g all the time for about 30seconds.

Anon6
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi There, i just switched to o2 from vodafone about 4 days ago. Had no issues with 4g on vodafone. Since joining o2 my 4g has been dropping to 3g often then back to 4g, then back to 3g.

My network coverage is good and the network status is good. I have tried this in multiple towns and its the same everywhere.

Any ideas? On the o2 website it says to configure mobile data setting to mobile.o2.co.uk which i have just done, however before the default was idata. could this be a problem?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anon6 

Your apn should be iData but to use that you should also have the iData bolt on active on your account.

You need to call O2 to check this Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anon6 

Your apn should be iData but to use that you should also have the iData bolt on active on your account.

You need to call O2 to check this Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2